The following are a list of common error situations encountered when translating files with KantanMT.
Word-count :/Cannot recognize files to be translated:
Explanation: The system has not found any words to translate.
- Unsupported file format uploaded
- Not copying source to target: For most bi-lingual file formats in KantanMT it is required that source content is copied to target before uploading the files Files removed from profile immediately after job launch
- Language codes selected in the Client Profile not matching language codes in the files uploaded
- Verify files uploaded are in a file format that is supported for translation Ensure your files have populated target segments before uploading to KantanMT
- When a job is launched it can take a few minutes before the files uploaded to the profile are processed. Removing them before they are processed means we will not fine any files during the translation and will abort with an error. Please ensure you leave your files in a Client Profile long enough after a job launch for them to be processed. Leaving the files up until job completion is the best way to ensure they have been picked up.
- Verify language codes selected in the Client Profile match the language codes in your files
Job completed but file contains no translations
Explanation: In some occasions a job will appear to complete successfully, but the downloaded file does not contain any translations.
Common Causes: Not copying source to target: For some bi-lingual file formats in KantanMT it is required that source content is copied to target before uploading the files. Not carrying out this step can often result in blank results files or word-count errors.
Solution: Ensure your files have populated target segments in before uploading to KantanMT
For more information on translating files with KantanMT, please see the following links: