- Install the KantanAPI™ connector on SDL Trados Studio. For more information, watch the related video.
- Launch the API to have the automatic translation option enabled for your project. To do this, create a new project in Trados Studio:
- On the top navigation pane, under the Home tab, click New Project. The New Project dialogue box appears. Click Next >.
- In the Name field, enter a project name, and click Next >.
- Select the Source and Target Language(s), and click Next >.
- Click Add Files… to add the files you want to translate. Click Next >.
- In the Translation Resources step tab, click Use...
- Select the KantanMT API Connector from the drop-down menu.
- The KantanMT Connector Settings window appears. In the API Token field, enter your token and click Check Token.
- Under Client profile, select the relevant engine.
- To provide all segments with an automated translation suggestion, select the option Translate drafts and empty segments.
- Click Launch API.
- Click OK. Ensure that both the Enabled and Lookup boxes are selected. Then click OK.
- Now you are ready to translate.
During the launching process, the API status changes from Offline to Initialising. When the API is launched, the status will change to Running.
To translate with SDL Trados Studio:
- Click the Files Double click the document to translate to open it in the Editor.
- Click the editable target language fields to display the automated translation suggestions under the Translation results field in the left navigation field. These suggestions are marked as AT and are displayed next to the translation memory fuzzy matches, if any.
- To pre-translate the document completely with the Machine Translation output:
- In the batch processing options, click Pretranslate.
- Check the Apply automated translation when no match found option.
- Click OK.
If you encounter any problem or need help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.